What are detection rules?
When you file a support request with us, we may send you a small file called a detection rule. This file allows Load Tester to automatically configure fields that are declared in formats that are specific to the application you are testing.
How do I open the detection rule editor?
The shortcut is Ctrl-Shift-u. You can also find the editor under Window -> Preferences -> Web Performance -> Configuration Wizard -> Application State -> Detection Rules.
Where are detection rules stored on my computer?
On Windows, look in:
(your home directory)\WebPerformance\.metadata\.plugins\com.webperformanceinc.util\dfc
How do I import detection rules?
- Download the rule to your computer.
- Type ctrl-shift-U to bring up the rule editor.
- Click "Import" and browse for files.
- Import each rule in turn.
- Click "Ok"
- Web Performance Tester will ask to run the rule(s) against all open testcases, click "Yes." (This can be slow.) Alternately, you can run them on individual testcases by choosing "Options" > "Configure..." > and "Application State..."